At Holy Spirit Primary School, we believe homework should:
- promote the joy of reading;
- balance a range of educational, recreational, family and cultural activities;
- link to class work and an individual student’s learning goals;
- develop students’ responsibility and self-discipline; and
- provide suggestions for relevant, interesting and enjoyable experiences.
At Holy Spirit Catholic Primary School, we recognise parents are partners in their children’s learning. We support Homework experiences that:
- foster positive family interactions;
- can be shared, reflected on and celebrated with family; and
- provide an opportunity for families to support and encourage children’s school learning.
At Holy Spirit Primary School, we believe reading is compulsory across all year levels Preschool to Year 6:
K-2 - Compulsory - Home readers and sight words (K-2 approx.)
3-6 - Compulsory - Variety of texts